You should try to:
- Instantly listens to quick prompts / direction.
- Be open to any critique mid or after shoots!
- Have a decent understanding of what the photographer is looking at (light/framing)
- Pose naturally and (if in Cosplay) act in character .
- Be confident for the duration of the shoot.
- Avoid being self concious.
- Be aware of the direction of light (to avoid unflattering shadows, etc)
- Loosen up! Literally. Shake your limbs and relax your muscles from time to time.
- Avoid squinting. If the sun is too bright you will naturally squint. Close your eyes and ask the photographer to do a count down.
- Throw ideas at your photographer. Be creative.
So there you go.. If you want to make life incredibly easy for your photographer try and nail the above points.
While I'm shooting I need 100% trust from my subject. I also can't have anyone disagreeing with my requests however odd they are (unless I ask em to do something dangerous, lol).
This completely breaks my creative flow and mindset.. and can often take a while to get back.
I hope this helps somewhat. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me here. I'll try my best to help.
I'll have to keep these in mind next time I have a shoot!
great tips that you've written down here! thank you!
I wish I could be one of your subjects, I already do those things...well except the light stuff mostly because I have no idea about that
Fly over to Australia
These are great tips for me since I'm literally made of awkward.
These are so very wonderful, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'll search for modelling tips all the time, but its really helpful to hear from Cosplay Photographers!
Basically, don't be me LOL
Love this!!! <3
I'll keep those tips in mind whenever I get around to having my friend :deblue-angel36v: photograph me.
good points! thanks!